Monday, April 7, 2008

Homemaker

It is a tradition for Addie and I to make spring skirts during April Conference. Ok, so we have only done it two year out of the past four, but that's enough for a tradition. Saturday we went to Walmart to pick out a pattern and material. We were hoping for some cute $1 fabric, but they were lacking in that area. So we did have to spend a little more, but that's ok. Saturday during morning conference we cut out the fabric. Then between conferences we started on the skirts but ran into some trouble with Addie's sewing machine. We left to go watch the afternoon session and then returned to working on our skirts. We fixed the problem with the sewing machine and were off. I ran into some problems when I got to the zipper. I have never put a zipper into a skirt before. We then decided to go out to dinner with Erika and Samantha. We went to The Old Spaghetti Factory. I had never been there and it was quite good. We then went shopping (window shopping) and then returned to the skirts once more. I also came to a problem when trying to sew a ribbon around the bottom. I didn't want to pin it on because the pins snagged the ribbon but it was hard to get it in the right spot without pinning it. I decided to just hold it and have at it. It worked out quite well. The skirts weren't done until around 1:30am. But they were quite cute! I was proud of my work! The next day we were just going to go to Samantha's to watch conference, but we wanted to wear and show off our skits. So we decided to go up to Salt Lake and do standby. We headed up and met up with Jessi and her boyfriend Cameron. We stood in standby, got through security and were lined up on one of the outside balconies in the conference center. The sun came out and it was absolutely beautiful! I didn't even need to wear my jacket. We got some compliments on our skirts. We also got to see some friends we hadn't seen in a while. We did end up getting in and it was great! Addie and I then went to her grandma's house and enjoyed dinner. I decided to wear my skirt to school today as well and have gotten compliments on it once again. Man I'm good! I'm going to be a great wife! If only guys understood that! Haha. Well...here are the skirts and some pictures from conference.

Ignore the cheesy grins


The skirts poof out cool when you spin


I just pulled out my camera to take a picture and this is what they were all doing


All of us waiting to get in

3 comments:

Jeff and Holly said...

Those skirts are totally cute! I love them! Sorry I didn't get your call the other weekend, it was Jeff's birthday so we were up at his parents house all weekend. We need to get together sometime though. Let me know when you want to!

Unknown said...

Nice work! Maybe someday I will learn how to work a sewing machine...maybe not. Poor Tyler!

Kris said...

Ohh look at you little home maker, now all you need is a hubby :) Can I get that pattern, seriously it looks easy, I even have a sewing machine! Nice work, I'm so proud!