Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Short Update

Where has life brought me in the last few months you ask? Lots of places.

Life was crazy at the end of the school year. Long story short...I quit my job and am returning to school in the fall. The details are still in the works, but the plan is to take courses to get a math endorsement and try my hand at teaching Jr. High math classes. I am feeling good about the decisions and hopefully it all works out. I had a few moments where I realized I won't be at my school next year and won't have a class at all and it brought tears to my eyes. Mt. Loafer Elementary is my teaching home. I did my student teaching there along with my first three years of teaching. It was hard to leave. I also just love having "my kids". I think it is something I need in my life. A group of kids that partially rely on me for knowledge and growth. It will be hard not having that.

We had lots of fun activities at the end of the year and I made sure to enjoy every minute. We had a wonderful graduation program and I sent my kids on their way to conquer Jr. High. I had a bunch of bawling girls and lots of kids ready to get out of there. The last day of school was bitter sweet. I got lots of hugs from my girls along with some "I love you Miss Weathers". I had to talk some boys into giving me a high five (which they have refused to do all year). It was a good end to the year. I actually got a facebook message from a student of mine. I don't add students as friends on facebook for obvious reason, but this girl got on her brothers account, looked me up, and sent me a message. All she pretty much wanted to tell me is that she missed me so much. I love getting notes like that. She has to be one of my favorite students I have ever had. That is if I had favorites :)

The day after school my sister Kim and I headed to Texas. We took two days to travel and I spent a few days there. We went to Six Flags, swam at the pool, shopped, watched movies, ate out, and tried to survive the heat and humidity. There was a really cool lightning storm there the day before I left.

After Texas I flew out to Indiana to visit my sister and her three kids. I have only been here for two days and will be here for 5 more. So far we went to the mall, played outside, watched movies, and had a lemonade stand. It's fun being here to play and help out. The kids are adorable (when they aren't grumpy) and I'm excited for the adventures we will still have.

Next stop is Houston, Texas where my best friend/roommate Samantha gets married. My friends keep doing that on me! I'm way excited for her and I'm excited to get to be there. Another stop in Texas!

I'm enjoying my travels and look forward to a few weeks off when I get home to relax along with finishing moving out of my classroom and possibly moving out of my apartment into the house my sister bought. We shall see if that happens.

Well, there is a short update for any who care. there will be more to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope there is more to come. I'm not the best at updating, but you are far worse! I want to see lots of pictures next post. Here at our clubhouse I'm not technically aloud to attach my camera and upload pictures...but I may have to break that rule for blogging purposes.

Bonnie said...

So I see you are an international spy ha,ha ! How do you do it all? Yes, I agree with Kim, we want more posts!! Since I don't "do facebook" I depend on this blog to see your pics. Love ya :)