Monday, October 20, 2008

My Quirks!

Everyone has weird things about them and I think I have quite a few. I read my sister's blog all about her quirks and felt like writing about my quirks!
  • My pajamas have to match. I will not wear navy blue pants with a black shirt, or even a white shirt with black writing. I will not wear my red pants with an all red shirt or my navy pants with an all navy shirt. I don't know why, no one really sees me in my PJs, but that's just the way it has to be.
  • My alarm clock with never be set to a normal increment of time. If I want to wake up at 7:00am it will be set for something such as 6:57 or 7:01. I won't ever set it to an even time or a multiple of 5. Again, I have no idea why.
  • Like my sister, I like the dishwasher loaded a certain way. I just think there is a very logical way to organize it so that you can fit as many dishes as possible and they will all still get clean. I have been known to completely unload a dishwasher to rearrange it. I hate it because I like it when my roommate clean up after themselves but it drives me nuts to put a dish into a poorly organized dishwasher.
  • I hate cupboards and drawers being opened. If I am sitting in the livingroom and a cupboard is opened I have been known to get up just to go close it. I just think it looks messy when they are opened.
  • I HATE it when people drink the milk out of their cereal bowl. I will not watch you do it and have been known to actually turn away or cover my eyes when someone is doing it. I don't like to drink milk in the first place and for some reason the cold cereal filled milk makes me want to vomit.
  • My movies have to be in alphabetical order. I have quite the collection of movies all on a nice little shelf and they are all alphabetized starting with numbers and going to Z. I know when a movie is out of place. My roommates have been known to watch my movies, and not realizing they are in a certain order will randomly put them away. Yes I will go move them to the correct place.
  • Now there are a number of things that bother me when it comes to my classroom and my students: (the ones I can think of right now, I'm sure there are more)
    • Messy desks and unorganized papers
    • Messy book shelves
    • Folding over page corners in books (I threaten my children if they do that!)
    • Not showing your work in math
    • Writing all the math problem numbers down and then expecting to fit all the work on that one little line
    • A messy turn in basket (papers not lined up nicely)
    • Crooked desks
    • Chairs not pushed in
    • Messy floor
    • My students calling me "teacher" instead of "Miss Weathers" (I just call them "student" back)
    • Papers with not names!
    • Misusing supplies
    • Not using common sense (I guess they are 6th graders)
    • Not reading the notes on the board
    • Not listening to directions or following directions
    • Disrespect of any kind (I will not tolerate it!)
  • I really am kind of weird where I like a lot of things done my way. I have a hard time letting other people do things for me because if they don't do it the way I like to I'll kind of be irritated or I'll do it all over again. I know it is lame and I wish I didn't feel that way because it would make life much easier, but I just can't help it!
Anyway...those are what I can think of right now. I hope you don't think less of me because of them! I think I am still a good person! Haha!

4 comments:

Bryce said...

I have to have my movies in alphabetical order too! (but I do drink the milk out of my cereal bowl)

Unknown said...

I had a roommate that would leave the cupboard doors open and I would get up and close them all the time. It drove me nuts and I let her know that ;) Also, the milk thing...I will NEVER look at someone drinking their milk or I probably would throw up. I also hate to see old milk just left in the bowl on the counter. Sick. I don't alphabetize my movies because I just don't have enough, (like 15). BUT I do alphabetize all 500 or so CD's, even though I don't even use them anymore. Thank you ipod for alphabetizing everything for me!

I think we were raised in the same household or something.

Wendy said...

Well, aren't we all just original.
Movies...check
Cupboard doors...check
Cereal milk...check
It's official...we are the same person.

Kris said...

I dont know Allie, I knew you were weird but I didn't know it went that far ;) Okay so the cupboard thing would drive me nuts too, and now with children it drives me nuts if the bathroom doors are open and the toilet lid up. I just got in the habit when J boy couldn't open doors, to close them and now I go crazy if they are left open for very long.
oh I thought of another weird thing about me that maybe you sisters don't really care about....it drives me nuts to have WADS of hair in my hair brush, in fact after every time I use my hair brush I pull the stray hairs out so I don't collect a "wad". It grosses me out! I hated it when my roomies/sisters would use my hair brush and I come to use it and there were hairs in it that were NOT mine. So there ya go.