Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The World Today

I watched this video in a technology teacher workshop I am taking. It was really interesting to me. I want to see what you think of it.



Interesting huh? Sometimes it is sad to think about how things have changed in the world today. That technology has been so useful yet so destructive. It can be used so affectively in the educational world, yet take away from student's learning. I don't know...I am really terrible at expressing my thoughts into words, but I just found it a very interesting video with a powerful message. So were we better off before all this technology or are we better off with all the advancements now?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely think technology has helped us, BUT I think it has been abused. BYU-I just put in a laptop initiative where all the students have to own a laptop. I was skeptical about it at first until I found out that they don't want them open during class.

Anyway, I think powerpoints should be done away with. White boards are better for taking notes I believe. I stopped taking notes once I knew all my lectures would be posted online in a powerpoint. Anyway, technology is good. It's the people using it have the option of using it for good or bad.

Good video.

Wendy said...

I don't quite understand the point they are trying to make. Interesting when it said "I'm a multi-tasker...I have to be." I don't think that Facebooking is an essential activity.